And so another year draws to a close.
I don't know what to make of this year, honestly. Highly eventful, yes..but not fulfilling.
True, I have changed almost entirely in this one year than in the remaining 19 years of my life, but..something is missing.
There's still a missing piece in the puzzle which I can't figure out. (well, for that one needs to know what the entire puzzle looks like when it is finished but sadly, I don't have a clue about that either. =|..) My life seems to have no proper direction. Its like a blind man groping in a dark tunnel expecting to see light at the other end. =\
Retrospection. (I tend to do that most of the time, so much so I relive the past a few times before I come back to reality...) The year started off quite well.. i was settled into college.
First dances in NTU...for pongal and EEE night. Felt like I had found my lost passion. =) Welcome dance followed in the following sem. Amazing dance(rs). For the first time in years I was dancing as a GIRL in a pair dance. =D
Second sem just whizzed by. I guess I was just too busy having fun. Results suffered a little. =| But the 4 months of holidays were more inviting.
USA. 1 month. First time travelling so far alone. Its was such an overwhelming experience. Learnt and experienced so much I can fill pages (if u really want to read abt it, visit my blog) It opened up my mind to a lot of things. Chithi totally changed me. Finally, I found adults who I could agree with and valued me for who I was rather than expecting an ideal person out of me. =)
Anna University. 1 Month internship. Taught me to value NTU a lot. The politics and the way they did things just sickened me. But met nice people. Learnt the art of travelling on MTC buses at peak hour. (Even my mom can't do that!) =D
Year 2. One sem is over. So much happened. No hall. Squatted for 2 weeks. Dance. =)
Studies got tougher.27 AUs. Responsibilities started piling. CCAs- 3 main comms. I thought I had bitten off more than I could chew. Sat in a meeting every night. Projects for almost every other subject. Sleep became scarce. But I made it through. Hopefully the results come out well.
(Well, that was just the tip of the iceberg. The real stuff starts from here.)
One year can change a person immensely. Ask anyone and they would agree. I have transformed. For the better or worse; I dunno. Values have changed. What I thought of as unacceptable is now just agreeable. Not that I would do it, but I don't discourage people from it anymore. You wanna drink; go ahead, just dun offer me anything. I value myself and my freedom. I have stayed up and hung out late nights so much this year. I never thought or even dreamt that I would ever do such things. Dunno where I got the guts from.
Friends. Made loads of new friends. Missed a few old ones. Work distances people. But had loads of fun with everyone. Some changed my world from being dull and made it interesting. Some just made it hell. But u need both to learn the value of the other. People are what matter most in life. What's the use of having a 101 A/F grades but not a single friend to share it with? We fight, we talk, we play, we laugh, we cry, we curse and we pray. =) You just can't live with them, neither can u live without them. (love you guys loads. am proud of each and everyone of u, thanks for being there.=) )
Studies. Yr 2 taught me to love my course more and more. Motivation was abundant. Time wasn't. (or rather the skill to manage it well.) Still, it's not too late. Passion is there. Needs to be channeled in the right direction. Forward we go. Projects opened my eyes to further possibilities. Was tough, but we got going. Awesome groupmates are the best things u can ever get. =)
Family. Thatha was gone. Family crumbled a little. I wasn't around to support anyone and everything was well kept away from me. The vacuumm only hit me when I came back for the holidays. Nothing much that I could do then. Even now, the surface seems calm. Means there is turbulence within. Family in US was amazing. Loved every moment spent with them. Got closer to my mom and sis. Though we still disagree on many accounts, i know they miss me when i'm gone. =) I have gained their confidence though. That I can take care of myself and make right decisions.
Self- Respect. Now, this I learnt this sem. Never let go of it. As a woman, u need to have truck loads of it. Cos there are MCPs amongst us everywhere we go. Never bow down to anyone. I am short. I am a girl. So what?? I beat the guys up way better than some of the other guys themselves. Ask them. I can cause a lot of pain. =D
(And people, enough of the short jokes. Its not my fault if i have short genes.)
Now to thank all the impt people.
First and foremost,
Miss S Abhirami.
You know what I am gonna say. I think one note is enough for u. =P But anyways thank you once again.
To Ruchi, Sneha, Shourav, Eshita, Imayavan and Nandita:
Awesome working with u guys. hope to have more fun in coming yrs. =)
To Swathi Eshwer:
Thanks for all ur support and giving me a place to stay for the first 2 weeks of sem. I think I would have been lost without you and all your advices. We will have more fun next sem, hopefully. =)
To Abhi K, Haa, Sujatha, Chandra, Ainc and Sajju:
Your timely advice has saved me so many times. I am indebted to you guys.
To Shruti and Aarthi:
Room 1502 just rocks. We'll keep it that way next sem too. =))
To TLS main comm:
We are going down in history! We'll work harder to make it the best! \m/
To Ramanan, Imay, Gokul, Shourav, Sajenthan and Veera:
My advisors, friends and the closest men in my life after my family. =) Really appreciate ALL the things in the world that you guys have done for me. The timely jokes and talks to calm me down at the right times, I think I would have really broken down without them. I hope I have done the same for u guys cos I am really indebted.
To Dilasan:
Respects to you. =) from the bottom of my heart.
To Jegan:
For reminding me that I too can draw. =)
To anyone else I have missed out and everyone else reading this:
Forgive my temper tantrums, mistakes and anything that i may have done to hurt you.(and my small brains which do not rmb anymore details.) I sincerely appreciate having every single one of you in my life.
I think this is a good enough wrap up of the whole year. Now to make a 101 resolutions for 2011 and to break each and everyone of it. =D Wish you all a happy new year. Cheers and peace to all. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment